How does the school involve parents, carers and pupils in their SEND support?
- Compton CE Primary takes a child-centered approach to supporting all pupils. The child’s voice is key to all meetings. We listen to the child’s viewpoint and ensure that this is conveyed at meetings and where possible the child may be invited to the meeting.
- Your child may have a Graduated Response Plan (Assess, Plan, Do and Review cycle). Every child with a Graduated Response Plan is told the reason why they are having their support in a language that they will understand. Parents are given the opportunity to respond to the plan and are invited in to school to discuss the child’s needs further, if issues are raised. The Graduated Response Plan is reviewed on a termly basis, or more frequently if needed.
- Surveys and Questionnaires
- Regular meetings including EHAT (Early Help Assessment Tool) and TAM (Team Around Me) meetings.
- Annual Reviews for pupils with EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan).