- Parents and Guardians
- What happens when my child moves from class to class or to another school?
What happens when my child moves from class to class or to another school?
Every effort is taken to ensure that transition times are successfully managed.
- Some children complete transition passports about themselves to inform their class teacher/school about them. Other children may need photographs to get them familiar with the changes ahead, some children may require an enhanced transition programme which might include regular visits, treasure hunts etc.
- Additional visits may also be arranged to re-assure pupils.
- There will be a transition day for all pupils in the Summer Term.
- The SENDCO and Foundation Team Leader visit as many Nursery placements as possible. They attend meetings prior to the child starting, when a child is identified with SEND. School work with the Nursery and parents to provide an appropriate Transition Package if required.
- Teaching Assistants are trained to manage the Transition to Secondary School. This may include sessions on how to read the timetable, time management, getting to school, how to tie a tie, packing your rucksack and addressing any worries about the move. This is overseen by The Year 6 Team Leader and the SENDCO.